"It’s great that one program can provide so much to young girls at this age."
- Mother of a 12-year-old participant
Our staff helps institutional partners start Rosh Hodesh: It’s a Girl Thing!
groups for girls in your communities.
Our partners come from across the denominations and include synagogues, day schools, JCCs, and other Jewish institutions.
To join the program, each institutional partner pays a program fee to Rosh Hodesh
, scaled to your budget and size. In return, you get advice; an in-depth manual with step-by-step guidance and 28 months of activities; and training and support for your group leaders.
To start your Rosh Hodesh
View our Discovery Packet
- contact Rosh Hodesh—see below
- enlist the support of staff, lay leaders, and parents in your community
- hire a group leader—we’ll guide you
- send your group leader to Rosh Hodesh’s mandatory, two-day Training Institute
- recruit girls in one grade between 6th and 12th by invitation and word of mouth
- identify a meeting location, either in girls’ homes or in your building
- determine what you will charge for participation
- promote Rosh Hodesh through your mailing list, newsletter, program guide, calendar, and website
- benefit from our monthly consulting through conference and one-to-one phone calls
To find out more, contact Jennifer Groen, Moving Traditions' Director of Education and Program at (215) 887-4511 x103 or email@example.com
, or your local Regional Director.
Rabbi Sara Brandes
West & Southwest Regional Director
Central & Midwest Regional Director
Northeast & Canada Regional Director
A program of Moving Traditions, Rosh Hodesh: It’s a Girl Thing! is a values-based, experiential and transdenominational Jewish program for pre-teen and teenage girls in grades 6-12 that strengthens self-esteem and Jewish identity.